Domestic Abuse Resources

Disclaimer: OCAC is not affiliated with and does not directly endorse the resources below, they are listed here purely as resources for your information. 

Portland Women’s Crisis Line, 503-235-5333 and 800-235-5333


Washington State Domestic Violence Hotline 800-562-6025 


Gay Men's Domestic Violence Project, 800-832-1901 


Emergency Shelters


Crisis Line 503-281-2442; Office 503-289-6869

24-hour crisis line.

For women and women with children fleeing domestic violence. No references necessary. Case management and support groups provided. Phone screening required. 24-hour crisis line. Undisclosed location.


 503-654-2288 or 888-654-2288

24-hour phone in-take

Women staying in shelter receive counseling and case management services to begin the healing process and begin planning for their futures. Residents receive much-needed emergency supplies such as food, clothing & toiletries. Women and women w/children fleeing domestic violence or recent sexual abuse. No males over 18, case management,


 503-640-5352 ext.302 866-469-8600 (toll free) 503-469-8620 (crisis line)

9 a.m.– 7 p.m. Mon.-Thurs. Undisclosed location, Hillsboro (call for intake)

Support for children ages 4 - 17 who have witnessed or experienced domestic or dating violence; also encouraging adult victims to participate in their children's treatment.


 150 N First Ave.

Hillsboro, OR 97124


9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Mon-Fri.

Outreach services to victims of family violence; advocacy, education, and counseling. Adults 18 and older who have experienced family violence at any time in their life may enroll after meeting one-on-one with a counselor or advocate for intake appointment.


10305 E. Burnside Street

Portland, OR 97216

 (503) 988-6400 (9a-4p) (503) 235-5333 24hrs Portland Women's Crisis Line

Walk-In 9a-4p, M-F

Transit: Max Blue, 20

Gateway Center for Domestic Violence Services aims to create a comprehensive, centrally located center for victims of domestic violence and their children for easier accessibility for information, referrals, resources and services.




9 a.m.-5 p.m.

24-hour crisis line. Emergency housing for victims fleeing a domestic violence situation. Advocacy includes support groups, children's groups, referrals, and emotional support. 60-day limit.



Call for phone screening/intake.

Women/children; domestic violence victims. Transitional housing for women with children that have completed the 30 day emergency shelter program: food/clothing; transportation assistance; health referrals; job search assistance; counseling; parenting skills training; and GED tutoring. Portland Children's Intervention Project serves traumatized children. Call for phone screening/intake.


West Women's & Children's Shelter  


Undisclosed location.  30-day emergency shelter for women fleeing domestic violence, no men, no boys over 12 years old, phone intake/screening, stay up to 2 years if in transitional housing plan

 503-535-3266; Crisis Line: 503-535-3269

An emergency shelter and service program for women survivors of domestic or sexual violence and their children. Confidential location.



Restraining Orders


Multnomah County Restraining Order Office


Multnomah County Courthouse

1021 SW 4th Avenue, Room 211


To request or renew a restraining order in Multnomah County, you must go to room 211, before 12:30 on weekdays. Advocates are available from 11:30 to 1:00 to assist petitioners filling out the forms. A judge hears all RO request at 1:30 each weekday. A judge will review the petition and talk to the petitioner to determine if the petitioner has been abused or threatened and is in immediate danger of further abuse. The process generally takes at least 2 to 3 hours.


Washington County 

Hillsboro Family Advocacy Center

180 E Main St., Suite 200
Hillsboro, OR  97123

(503) 640-5352

For Restraining Orders:  Plan to arrive early in the day (8:30 - 10:00AM) if you want to go to court on the same day.  Paperwork must be completed by 10:30.  You will watch a video at 12:30, then go to court afterwards.  If you are granted an RO, your paperwork will be available sometime after 3:00PM.  This is a full-day process.


Clackamas County 

Phone #: (503) 655-8616 24/7 Crisis Line 
Fax Number: (503) 650-3598



State of Washington                        


Clark County Courthouse 360-397-2411


Safechoice  360-695-0501

Provides temporary short-term shelter for women seeking safety from abusive relationships. The shelter supplies emergency food and clothing, as well as legal advocates, weekly domestic violence support groups, counseling, and referrals to community resources.